The Deep Coaching Institute
Coach Certification Program
Where the profound and the practical meet
Training human development professionals in the Art, Science and Consciousness of integrating the Enneagram for Embodied Change
An International Enneagram Association Accredited Enneagram School
Approved Coach Training Program with the International Coach Federation
Our Enneagram Coach Training Program offers an advanced and unique in-depth learning opportunity well suited for experienced professionals who wish to offer the rich benefits of the Enneagram and the depth of presence-based coaching to their clients. This ten-month program combines in-depth distance learning courses, student partnering, web-board discussions, and a live intensive. An outstanding and highly valued feature of this program is five months of supervised fieldwork within a small group cohort with a faculty member.
Our program is well-grounded in Enneagram and related conceptual knowledge, supported by heart intelligence and body intelligence. It is based on the eminently practical and profound nature of presence.
Click on one of the boxes below to learn more about each program.
Check schedule page for actual dates of each course.
Who Will Benefit from this Program
Experienced coaches, therapists, spiritual directors, health and medical professionals, OD consultants, and other human development professionals who have a foundational understanding of the Enneagram and who are drawn to meeting clients in the vast inner terrain will benefit from the depth, focus, and small-group, experiential nature offered by this training program.
This program attracts professionals with life experience from around the globe who want to bring more consciousness, healing and positive change to the world, and are enthusiastic about confidently integrating the rare wisdom of the Enneagram into their unique business offerings.
Three Fundamental Threads Weave the Tapestry of this Coach Training Program
Our courses and learning experiences build on each other to integrate these three vital elements of the program:
1) Self-knowledge and self-embracing of the coach
A coach must possess an objective, radically honest, and deeply compassionate sense of self in order to function effectively in the coaching relationship. As you increase your capacity for recognizing and honoring your own human condition and essential qualities, you will be able to create a more expansive space for your client’s unfolding. The Enneagram provides a powerful vehicle for examining one’s ‘blind spots’, biases, and agendas, as well as one’s hidden gifts and innate capacities. We ask our program participants to seek honest and caring feedback from faculty, peers, and mentors while in this program and work with the in-depth practice of ‘allowing.’
2) Understanding the Human Condition
We have not discovered a more powerful way to understand, experience and ‘be with’ the vast range of the human condition than the Enneagram. It offers a full continuum from the light to the shadow side of all nine spheres of consciousness (all the types). You will learn to meet clients in their internal terrain and develop more comfort, confidence, and sensitivity in being with your clients wherever they are. Then, real change can occur. Through your experience, you are asked to drop into each of the states of experience and recognize there is no dualism; there is no “us and them.”
3) Understanding the Change Process
By their nature, clients come to you as a coach because they want change. Your perspective and understanding of the change process has profound implications for how you approach change, the client’s experience when working with you, and ultimately, the client’s relationship to him or herself. When does a change process result in unsustainable results or unintended and perhaps, internalized pain? What kind of change truly frees our clients to experience themselves in a more expansive, truer, liberated way? Our Deep Coaching models offer a counter-intuitive approach to change, that takes a client closer to him or herself. You develop your capacity to be with more of the Unknown, with deeper levels of acceptance and release, and ultimately, with the Mystery that your client is.
The Training Faculty
Founded by Roxanne Howe-Murphy, Ed.D., this Coaching Certification Program was developed on the foundation of years of presence-based personal practice; decades of teaching and mentoring graduate and undergraduate students at three universities in the fields of wellness and the study of human liberation; providing Enneagram coaching to individuals and leaders in private practice; help and insights of wise mentors and friends; and the love of the human spirit.
The faculty has expanded to include outstanding veteran Enneagram coaches and a psychologist who provides internationally-based Enneagram coaching, consulting and teaching to executives, teams, and organizations. Each faculty member brings a wealth of experience, wisdom, awe of the journey, and enormous love to being with students and clients on their astonishing journeys.
Certified Deep Coaching program graduates contribute to your learning and to the community through a variety of roles. Each works in his or her own professional niche, bringing further richness to the learning process.
In the Deep Coaching Certification Program you will:
- Learn ground-breaking perspectives on the human condition and on the change process;
- Penetrate into the experience of each dimension of human consciousness illuminated through the Enneagram, and expand your capacity to be present with a wide range of client experiences;
- Understand and experience the relationship between personality and Essential nature, becoming attuned to the specific pathways of growth and higher level gifts of individuals dominant in each sphere of consciousness (type);
- Integrate and embody Deep Coaching principles and competencies that will facilitate remarkable deep change and transformation with individuals, groups, and organizations;
- Working with Deep Coaching Models, recognize and work effectively with specific personality dynamics that prevent clients from making important changes in their lives, or that return once changes have been made;
- As part of your continuing personal growth, see yourself more clearly than ever before, and experience your own expanded capacities to work more confidently and robustly with clients;
- Refine your unique coaching specialty and attract new clients who are seeking indepth, coaching excellence;
- Be among the first to benefit from the latest in-depth insights about presence-based living through Roxanne’s upcoming book, Deep Living, which is designed for your clients’ use;
- Be in awe of the great mystery in which you are privileged to take your place;
- Grow lasting relationships with an amazing group of talented individuals from around the country and world;
- When you successfully complete the program, you’ll have a professional listing on the Deep Coaching Institute’s website; and
- Be eligible to apply for Deep Coaching and Deep Living associate roles, as they become available.