“Susan’s leadership in California state government has earned her a reputation for honesty, integrity, strategic brilliance, and the capacity for compassion in the midst of contentious problem-solving. I totally trust her capacity for valuable insights and clear communication.”
– S.G. – Professional Colleague
Susan is a leadership and life coach with a talent for helping clients grow both professionally and personally by leveraging their core strengths to express their true potential and interests.
In her career as an executive in State of California public service in environmental and coastal management, she has cultivated workplace environments that allow people to grow, thrive, and contribute to the mission of the organization. The employees she has mentored, coached, and managed have grown their capacity to make meaningful contributions in their careers, creating high levels of employee engagement and commitment.
While coaching is an inherent aspect of executive leadership and good management, Susan has extended her offerings via her private coaching practice to develop other leaders using the skills she has refined over several decades of her own extensive experience. She especially enjoys working with people in the early part of their careers and those in career and life transition.
Using the Enneagram as a tool for self-awareness and personal discovery and using a variety of Deep Coaching Institute methodologies, Susan brings curiosity, enthusiasm, and wholeheartedness to her customized approach with clients. Her experience working on controversial policy issues in deadline driven environments has offered her insights that she uses to work with leaders to broaden their capacity to work effectively with diverse stakeholders.
Areas of focus:
- Executive and Life Coaching
- Leadership Development
- Client-based Enneagram Typing
- Women in Leadership
- Executive Recruitment
- M.A. Management/ JFK University and NTL Institute
- B.A. Biology/Environmental Studies, University of California Santa Cruz
Certifications and Assessments:
- Certified Deep Coaching Professional/ Deep Coaching Institute
- Certified through Core Strengths Coaching/Positive Psychology Program/San Francisco State University
- Certified Coach/ International Coach Federation
- Certified Enneagram Professional/International Enneagram Association
- Enneagram Institute advanced training/certification in progress
- The Leadership Institute 360 Profile/ certification in progress
- Advanced Negotiation Training and extensive experience in negotiations
- Women’s Leadership Circle Participant
- Certified in multi-year training on diversity and racial equity awareness through Government Alliance Racial Equity (GARE) Program by RACE FORWARD