ROXANNE HOWE-MURPHY, ED.D.
Roxanne integrates her education and the depth of her own personal work during four decades of professional experience in diverse fields—including rehabilitation, higher education, consulting — in her writing, teaching and coaching.
She founded the Deep Coaching Institute—our professional training school — and the DEEP LIVING INSTITUTE, which offers a radically compassionate orientation to personal development.
A pioneer in executive and spiritual coaching using the Enneagram, Dr. Howe-Murphy teaches the Enneagram internationally, and is the author of “Deep Coaching: Using the Enneagram As a Catalyst for Profound Change” (2007) and “Deep Living: Transforming Your Relationship To Everything That Matters through the Enneagram” (2013). Her personal style, breakthrough methods for sustainable transformation, and her deep honoring of the soul’s journey have inspired laypeople and professionals around the world.
For over 20 years, Howe-Murphy served on the faculty at San Francisco State, San Jose State and Boston Universities teaching the study of human freedom, leadership, wellness, research and the delivery of services to individuals with disabilities.. She co-authored a leading textbook, wrote dozens of articles for the professional literature, was an invited keynote speaker and gave hundreds of presentations.
Education and Certifications
- Ed.D., Education, University of San Francisco
- Certified as Enneagram Institute teacher and authorized to offer workshops created by Don Riso and Russ Hudson
- Accredited Enneagram teacher, the International Enneagram Association
- Associate Certified Coach, ICF
Areas of expertise:
- Life transition and spiritual coaching
- Executive coaching, specializing in nonprofit and educational leadership
- Coaching for coaches
- Retreat development and facilitation